quinta-feira, 11 de junho de 2020

News from Brasilia 06/11/2020

Coronavirus in Brasilia
Almost 20,000 cases and 266 deaths.

I haven't published the chart for a few days. When I opened the DF coronavirus portal today, I was choked by the numbers. They are rising!

Chart from the Health Secretary. Updated on June 11th, 2020.

A 1 month old baby was the youngest victim of coronavirus in Brasilia. He was hospitalized at HRAN, a reference public hospital for treating patients with coronavirus.

Eixao do lazer is back on Sundays and holidays 
Eixao is a long and large road that crosses all Plano Piloto (South Aisle and North Aisle). On Sundays and holidays it is closed for the cars so the population can enjoy a lot of free space to walk, bike, run. On this holiday of Corpus Christi "Eixao of leisure" reopened after almost 3 months. Many people went there to exercise.

Photo: GPSLifetime June 11th, 2020

June 12th is Valentine's Day in Brazil
Valentine's day is a date for couples in Brazil. It's not the same as in US, for example, that we give chocolates and little gifts to friends, teachers. This was something very unusual to me when we lived in Texas. In our first year there, I didn't know what my kids should give to their classmates.  But now I think it is nice.
If you want to buy something to your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife/partner, malls are opened in Brasilia, but with a different opening hours (1pm to 9pm). There are many malls in Brasilia. I like a lot Terraço Shopping. It's not so big and it's opened, I like going there specially to eat. But if you are looking for a fancier gift, so you may want to go to Iguatemi shopping. It's a "new" mall (just to illustrate, Parkshopping, a mall I also like going is 30 years old. Iguatemi opened its doors 10 years ago) and there is a lot of space inside. So I guess it's safe to keep social distance there. At Iguatemi you can find high class brands as Dolce & Baganna and Louis Vitton.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

News from Brasília 10/14/2020

Hello! How have you been lately? Sorry I haven't written for the past days. Kids had a school break and we made a road trip around Cen...