sexta-feira, 5 de junho de 2020

News from Brasilia 06/05/2020

Coronavirus in Brasilia
13147 confirmed cases, 196 deaths


chart from the Health Secretary. Uptaded on June 5th, 2020

As I've been telling you in the past weeks, the situation of coronavirus in Brasilia is not wonderful of course. In the other hand, if we compare the Federal District (DF) with other regions of Brazil, we could say it's safer to be in Brasilia. Malls, some shops and parks reopened, but it doesn't mean it is recommended to leave the house if you don't need to. I know it's hard to be "locked"for so long, but we still have to be very careful. Brazil is in the international news for the high numbers of people infected and because of the number of deaths, thousands. This is so sad!

Here in Poland many restrictions were loosened. It is not mandatory to wear masks in public spaces, only inside the shops or in public transportation, for example. When we are in very large place as the "beach" I showed you a few days ago, I take out the mask. But when we are in a place with many people passing by, I still ask the kids to keep the masks on. 

An afternoon in the park with my 4 kids to celebrate Mother's day (by Brazilian calendar. We always celebrate on the second Sunday of May). I celebrated it twice since in Poland, Mother's day/Dzien Matki in on May 26th.


June is a special month in Brazil because of the FESTAS JUNINAS or June Fest or Fest of Saint John. I just love them! It is so much fun and the food is just delicious. We eat many typical foods of this celebratation, that includes some kinds of cakes (chocolate, corn), hot dog,  Salty  (arroz carreteiro, made with meat) and sweet rice...just naming them made me feel hungry. This year festas juninas will not be the same. I've just read that Nossa Senhora do Lago will have an online festa junina. Hopefully next year you will have the opportunity to go to real June Fest. But if you want to try the typical foods I told you about, you can order a delivery. You can take a look here

                                                    Photo: GPSlifetime Brasilia 

                                            Festa Junina (June Fest) has so many delicious food. This yellow food with cinnamon on top is called curau. Made with corn. I just love it, so yummy. And if you want to see and order more yummy finger food we eat in parties, I recomend one of my favorite bakeries in Brasilia, Casa dos Biscoitos Mineiros

Have a great weekend! 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

News from Brasília 10/14/2020

Hello! How have you been lately? Sorry I haven't written for the past days. Kids had a school break and we made a road trip around Cen...