sexta-feira, 3 de julho de 2020

A BBC article about Brasilia

This article about Brasilia was published 8 years ago, you may find it useful to read.


I found it interesting, although I absolutely disagree with some parts of it. Brasilia has changed enormously throughout the years. Some changes for the best, some changes for the worse. I was born in Sao Luis, but I went to live in Brasilia when I was only 1 year old.  The Brasilia of my childhood was safer, smaller and many of the neighborhood didn't even exist, such as Aguas Claras, Setor Sudoeste e Setor Noroeste. Back them, the adults used to joke that "the best hospital of Brasilia was the airport" or Brasilia had no night life, etc. 
Not true! Of course it is nothing compared to Rio de Janeiro, but you will be surprised for the amount of options available to have fun in Brasilia (out of pandemics, of course) 

About the lack of street life, I have to admit, it is true. I don't like the fact that we need a car to go to almost everywhere in Brasilia. That's why I have always loved to live in the Plano Piloto (South Wing or North Wing). There is bakery, pharmacy, some shops and sometimes grocery store and fitness center within walking distance.

Well, Brasilia it is indeed a different city. A great one, in my opinion. And I hope you make the best of your stay in Brazil. If I can be of any help, please let me know (you can leave a comment or send me an email: erikaberbert@gmail.com) 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

News from Brasília 10/14/2020

Hello! How have you been lately? Sorry I haven't written for the past days. Kids had a school break and we made a road trip around Cen...